What are cookies?
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) defines a cookie as “a small file of letters and numbers that is downloaded on to your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are used by many websites and can do a number of things e.g. remembering your preferences, recording what you have put in your shopping basket, and counting the number of people looking at a website.”
Cookies set by Move Imperial (Imperial College)
How we use this information
We use this information to ensure that:
- Content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or mobile device
- To administer our website and for internal operations including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so and if, and to the extent, applicable.
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
Cookies set by third party services
We use Google Analytics which sets cookies to collect information about website users and their usage patterns. This information is helpful to plan and maintain the service. Most of these cookies are not essential for providing the services you request from us and can be blocked.
The cookies currently set on this website are cookies limited to performance and website improvement:
- _utmz – Used by Google Analytics. Tracking traffic sources and navigation.
- _utmc – Used by Google Analytics to determine visitor session.
- _utmb – Used by Google Analytics to determine visitor session.
- _utma – Used by Google Analytics to identify unique visitors
Clearing or restricting cookies
If you like keeping your browsing private, you may wish to clear history and cookies after the session. You can do so by using the browser, device settings or 3rd party tools.
You may also wish to check and set any devices or browsers to restrict or block cookies by default for all or selected web sites only. You can manage cookie usage through your browser settings:
Mobile devices may have their own settings and you may need to refer to vendor manuals. Please note that disabling or restricting cookies may impact some parts of the Imperial Venues website and you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
ICT, Level 4, Sherfield Building
Imperial College London
SW7 2AZ London