Physiotherapy is a National Health Service (NHS) recognised evidence-based treatment for all musculoskeletal conditions and injuries. It will assess, diagnose and treat the causes of pain/symptoms, restore range of movement, strength and function, and give advice on injury prevention including posture and gait. Physiotherapists are medically trained.
Physiotherapy is suitable for:
- Back/neck pain including sciatica/nerve root impingement
- Musculoskeletal pain/stiffness/weakness (joints, ligaments, muscles & tendons)
- Sports injuries – acute and overuse (sprains & strains)
- Post operative and post fracture/dislocation rehab and prehab
- Postural problems and workstation advice
- Occupational health
- Work-related upper limb disorder (RSI)
- Balance, mobility and falls prevention
During your initial consultation, a history and physical examination will be carried out to assess and determine a diagnosis. It will also include treatment, self-management, tailored exercise prescription and advice.
Physiotherapy at Ethos in South Kensington is offered by: